YOU ARE INVITED TO VISIT HISTORIC ROSELEA FARM!
The Swiss farmhouse at Roselea Farm was designed by the architectural firm of MacClure and Spahr and built in 1905 as a summer home. In 2003, Nancy and Richard Mills inherited Roselea Farm from Nancy’s parents, the Pattons, and have been restoring the grounds, gardens, exteriors and interiors of the main house, the farmers cottage, the tower house, and the large barn.
All of the gardens were built or expanded within the past eight years, and several were added this year. The formal garden maintains the original structure and contains perennials and annuals for accent and color.
In 2004, The Mills added a herd of goats, a donkey, and a third barn. In addition, a commercial greenhouse was constructed and is now open to the public.
2007 was a banner year for Roselea; the historic barn was renovated and restored to its original grandeur. The main level horse stalls were converted into a kitchen and a powder room. The main room became a living room with exposed beams and a loft. The garage was transformed into a recreation area for dancing and entertainment.
In addition, the farmer's cottage has become a B&B. The gardens reflect the era in which they were built, and the interiors are quaint and welcoming.